Saturday, October 03, 2009

Where are we headed?

Ferreri's ditch radio for iPods

AppleTV needs apps!   Imagine your mail on TV, bill pay, control lights, visual voicemail and call logs

When am I going to get cheap power at night and a way to use it.... recharge my battery (in my Hybrid), run the dish washer, dryer turns on, hot water tank comes on... all because its windy and my gateway connect to see what the power cost forecast (commonly called the weather forecast) and communicated to the key appliances.  My Apple Express or AppleTV or Tivo should be the gateway. All I need is a series of devices that connect... a remote on/off switch for the charger, a thermostat controller for the water heater, a way to switch the dishwasher, a water sprinkler controller, a connector for the security system. All would be connected either over 802.11 or 900/1800 MHz

No comments:

Post a Comment